Over the past few years, the web community has enthusiastically embraced a slew of tools designed to break interfaces down to their most basic elements. This shift in thinking is absolutely necessary if we have any hope of managing the chaos of a multi-device world.
In this session, Brad will introduce atomic design—a methodology for creating robust design systems that set you, your organization, and your clients up for success. He’ll explain why starting from this solid foundation and applying a pattern-based workflow encourages consistency, sustainability, and collaboration.
- Identify the basic design elements that make up your website
- Use these elements to create smart, scalable, maintainable designs
- Convince everyone back at the office to ditch ad-hoc design and embrace a pattern-based workflow
- Unite disparate teams and departments to build designs that deliver a consistent experience across multiple platforms
Brad’s created design systems for sites like Time Inc, TechCrunch, Entertainment Weekly, The Pittsburgh Food Bank, and more. He also helped create Pattern Lab, the tool that makes all this atomic design goodness happen.
If you want to go home with a brainful of instantly useful knowledge and have a blast acquiring it, don’t miss this talk.
A light dinner will be provided (Thanks to our host TEKsystems!) The webinar will start promptly at 6:00 PM, preceded by a half hour for socializing, networking, and food.
We are able to offer this webinar at no cost. Come at 5:30 to meet your fellow Triangle UXPAers and talk shop!
* You must be present at the host location to view this webinar.
TEKsystems, 1201 Edwards Mill Road,
, NC 27607